Fotia, Greek Restaurant @ #1 Club Street
Remember Ollie, BeBe and I managed to squeeze that Greek restaurant in when we were in Bali? Sadly wifey and Amy did not get chance to enjoy that with us, due to my cock up on flight booking. I then attended a rather amazing work lunch at a Greek restaurant literally 2 minutes walk from work. So with those two factors in mind, it was time to redeem myself and take wifey to her first Greek meal. And where better than that absolute belter around the corner from work – here is Fotia, Greek Restaurant @ #1 Club Street.
What an absolutely stunning lunch. Stunning. It is punchy on the $$$ if you go high end, and of course we did. Come on wifey want octopus and their giant prawns. Wifey want, wifey get. For example $21 per prawn, ouch, but… AMAZE-BALLS!!!
What I love about Fotia, Greek Restaurant @ #1 Club Street is a few things. Let me explain;
- It’s a husband and wife team. Wife is the Chef, Husband is front of house;
- Their slogan in the menu – “Fotia philosophy is based on family, friend sharing dishes’ sampling, tasting, enjoying!”
- It is FAMILY. It’s comfortable and airy. You feel like you are sat in an olive tree grove, not in the CBD of Singapore;
- Their fish produce is flown in from The Mediterranean the night before (I was chatting to the owner about this last time);
- All the ingredients are Greek, even the beers and wines – it shows a massive pride in the cooking, the country and also makes this dining experience so so bloody authentic.
It will blow you away. I was drifting back to days living in Europe, with a cruise around the Greek Islands. Sitting in plazas by the sea, eating this exact style of fresh and delicious food, sipping a cold beer, munching on fresh pistachios and olives, all whilst watching the world go by. Yes this is one not to miss. Die Die Must Try; Fotia, Greek Restaurant @ #1 Club Street.
Let’s have a gander at what we ate today shall we… Oh no my hands are trembling a wee bit here…
Even my Mary had head today…