Tomato, mozzarella, basil and balsamic vinegar salad
This recipe is so very simple, but seriously so good. Salty, sour, sweet, savoury – all the S’s it seems. This is enough for four people as a side dish, or even a lunch-time main. This is my Tomato, mozzarella, basil and balsamic vinegar salad. You can make this in two ways, depending on what tomato you use. If you use the big beef tomatoes I would tend to have a plate of single slices of tomato, cheese, a basil leaf and then drizzle the dressing. But today I had a punnet of lovely vine ripened cherry tomatoes. So the recipe is as follows;
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes – cut in to quarters;
- 1 tub of Boccocini cheese cut in to bite sized pieces;
- 1 packet of fresh sweet basil thinly sliced;
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar;
- 2 tablespoons of good quality olive oil; and
- 2 pinches sea salt and cracked pepper.
My Tomato, mozzarella, basil and balsamic vinegar salad, is really simple, so pay attention folks. Place the tomatoes in a bowl, add the boccocini, the basil, sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and drizzle over the balsamic and olive oil. Toss lightly. Serve.
Yep that is it. Told you it was easy. But get some of this Tomato, mozzarella, basil and balsamic vinegar salad in your mouth as it is heavenly!!! It’s a cracker – ENJOY!!!