Scouser’s 60th Birthday & Leaving Do – ChillaxBBQ
Our great mates Kev and Joan have decided on pastures new and at the end of September they, sadly, leave us for Portugal. Nearer to home. Nearer to the kids. We just hope to be seeing them once a year on their trips back to the lands of Asia. Bless them both, as they chose ChillaxBBQ to host their event. An event we were truly honoured to do. This became Scouser’s 60th Birthday & Leaving Do – ChillaxBBQ.
On the crew were Big Bird and me on the tools. Ollie, Amy, Soph, Jess and Jade (ChillaxBBQ Virgin) on the serving. And our mate Georgio doing the cocktails. We arrived at 1600 and fished serving at 0130am. Yep, this was a biggie for us, and boy am I feeling it today. One’s body is certainly letting me know what we did yesterday. Here comes Scouser’s 60th Birthday & Leaving Do – ChillaxBBQ.
It was a Scouse themed event. Both on attire and menu. When I left at 0200am I noticed all the wheels on the cars on the car-park was nicked, and there was a room full of hooky video-players…
Here is the menu for
- Singaporean style slow-roast pork belly;
- Bubble & Squeak;
- Scouse saucepan shots;
- Peawack fondue – ChillaxBBQ style;
- Supreme sausage selection in blankets;
- Cheese & hot salami toasties;
- Prawn cocktail vol-au-vents;
- Coronation chicken vol-au-vents;
- Cp steak marinated in whiskey cooked on Himalayan rock salt;
- Citrus steamed fish and chips in a newspaper;
- Salami and honey nibbles.
And on the drinks menu, served by our very own ChillaxBBQ cocktail maker was;
- Orange & Thyme G&T – (gin, orange bitters, tonic and thyme)
- Tom Collins – (gin, lemon, simple syrup and soda)
- Eastern Breeze – (vodka, mint, pomegranate, and apple juice)
- Caipirinha – (rum, lime, and simple syrup)
- Espresso Martini – (vodka, Kahlua, and espresso)
We also had access to;
- Brewerkz Golden Ale on tap;
- Red; and
- White wine; and
- Kev’s personal beer to boot.
It is now pitch black so the photos become just a little dark. Sorry bout that!!!