ChillaxBBQ is a unique F&B experience created by 2 best mates by accident.
One day we assumed that our condo BBQ would be available and started cooking. Halfway in 2 families arrived, and yes, they had booked. We offered to cook their food in return for allowing us to finish. They were super-nice and allowed us to finish, gave us a spare table and yes to cook their food.
Our kids played with theirs, we even took the crying baby for a walk in the pushchair to allow Mum and Dad some time to chill.
The next day we were sat at Lagoon Hawker, having a cold beverage and had the light-bulb moment… “We just outsourced someone’s BBQ…”
What great idea for Singapore we thought, BBQ as a Service (BaaS)!
We mocked up a Facebook site, asked around for votes on a favourite name, posted some old food photos of ours and pressed launch: 4,500 likes later ChillaxBBQ was created!
We took a baptism of fire cooking for a friend’s newborn party, a mix of Asian and Australian with circa 150 PAX and we survived. That very location for the party then booked us for their ANZAC party a few weeks later and we survived again.
One client coined us ‘The Spotify of BBQ‘, because we work with you to create you very own personalised and bespoke food playlist. Just for you.
Now down to a single member in the ChillaxBBQ crew I;
- love to reverse-sear steaks to Pink2Pink Perfection, and loathe ‘boil-in-the-bag
- love to be green using zero plastic
- relish working with customers delivering to their weird and wonderful
- have written and self-published cook books to raise money for my chosen charity in Cambodia, Tabitha Foundation & Hope for Cambodia
- have won accolade with my Thai Lamb Gai Pizza going on Jamie Oliver’s Specials Menu
- won the Amateur Rabbit Carrot Gun Scotch Egg Cooking Competition
- took over Kilo @ Kallang restaurant as Head Chef for a night during Kilo Under Pressure with over 150 covers coming
- have been very busy recently through Covid times delivering Private Chef Table experiences in their own homes,
- appeared on MasterChef Singapore Series 3
My customers become friends, and many are repeat customers and referrers for me now, which is an incredibly humbling experience.
I am one very lucky wanna-be Chef.
Drop us a line in the Contact Us box below and get some ChillaxBBQ in your life…..