ChillaxBBQ is a unique F&B experience created by 2 best mates by accident.
One day two friends assumed that the condo BBQ would be available and started cooking. Halfway into the cook 2 other families arrived, and yes, they had booked. We offered to cook their food in return for allowing us to finish our dining, and to share one table. They were super-nice and allowed us to finish, gave us that spare table, and yes had us cook their food.
Our kids played with theirs, we even took the crying baby for a walk in the pushchair to allow Mum and Dad some time to chill with their mates.
The next day we sat at East Coast Lagoon Food Village, had a cold beverage, and had the light-bulb moment… “We just outsourced someone’s BBQ…”
What a great idea for Singapore we thought, BBQ as a Service (BaaS)!
We mocked up a Facebook site, asked around for votes on a favorite name, posted some old food photos of ours, and pressed launch: 4,500 likes later ChillaxBBQ was created!
I am now down to a single Chef, me, in the ChillaxBBQ crew. But our core principles and activities still apply;
- We love to reverse-sear steaks to Pink2Pink Perfection, and loathe ‘boil-in-the-bag;
- We love to be green using zero plastic in our endeavors;
- We relish working with customers delivering their weird and wonderful choices with everything being bespoke, back to Spotify for BBQ;
- I have written, and self-published cookbooks to raise money for my chosen charity in Cambodia, Tabitha Foundation & Hope for Cambodia;
- I have won accolades with my Thai Lamb Gai Pizzagoing on Jamie Oliver’s Specials Menu;
- I won the Amateur Rabbit Carrot Gun Scotch Egg Cooking Competition;
- I took over Kilo @ Kallang restaurant as Head Chef for a night during Kilo Under Pressure with over 150 covers coming;
- I have been very busy recently through Covid times delivering Private Chef Table experiences in their own homes;
- I achieved Singapore FSA Hygiene Certification;
- I achieved Stage 1 Certification for Tequila Sommelier;
- I briefly appeared, as the first-ever Angmo, on MasterChef Singapore Series 3.