Beef With Baby Kai Lan, ginger, garlic, soy and oyster sauce incredible recipe (2023)
Beef with baby kai lan incredible recipe (2023). Beef with baby kai lan, ginger, garlic, soy, and oyster sauce, was a new recipe for me. A three-in-one. This was supposed to be a quick lunch for the family before Jude’s 1st birthday party. I grabbed a couple of bits from the fridge and a few more from the supermarket and I was set. This is all vibrant in color, as you’ll see, and very complementary to each other in the taste department. It looks good, but it tastes better! This is a cracker.
Table of Contents
These three dishes are perfect together. I do believe you’re going to love this Beef With Baby Kai Lan recipe.
There’s enough beef with baby kai lan, ginger, garlic, soy, and oyster sauce to easily feed 5.
Ingredients that you will need:
- 2 rib-eye steaks. I trimmed off the fat, bashed the steaks with a tenderizing hammer, and then cut them into small cubes;
- 1 tablespoon of each of the following;
- Finely chopped garlic;
- Pickled ginger – the type you get at Japanese restaurants (easy to find at most supermarkets now);
- 1 packet of baby kai lan – which I simply trimmed, to take off the tough stalk parts;
- 2 tablespoons of each of the following
- Soy sauce; and
- Oyster sauce.
Beef with baby kai lan - the steps to follow;
- Get the wok out and on the heat, and then drizzle in some Olive oil;
- Fry off the ginger and garlic;
- When it is sweated down add in the beef cubes and stir fry until browned and cooked to medium rare;
- Add in the soy and oyster sauce and stir that through until the meat is nicely coated;
- In go the greens, and stir fry until they are wilted. Not for too long though as you want an element of crunch not soggy.
Here we go with the roast spuds recipe.
This is easy peasy so there is no need for me to list anything, just follow as below.
- Cut about 4 cleaned potatoes (I left skins on) into small cubes;
- Add to boiling salted water and boil for about 15 minutes until you can just get a fork in without them falling apart;
- Drain and put on a roasting tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper;
- Pop them in the oven at 250 for about 15 minutes, occasionally giving them a little move around so they don’t stick;
- When they get crispy and brown serve them up with another little sprinkle of sea salt and cracked black pepper on top.
Sweet, and savoury all at the same time
Even easier to cook are the tomatoes.
Baked Tomatoes Recipe:
- 5-6 vine plum tomatoes. Cut them in half;
- Put them on to baking tray;
- Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle a little sea salt and cracked black pepper on top;
- In the oven at 250 for about 20 minutes until browned and softened.
You have finished. Serve on three separate plates. Look at those colours. Smell the aromas.
If you don't have time for that Beef With Baby Kai Lan Recipe, try this super-fast version
Beef with Baby Kai Lan, also known as Chinese Broccoli, is a delicious and savory stir-fry dish that combines tender beef with nutritious and vibrant green vegetables. The dish is popular in Chinese cuisine and is often enjoyed with steamed rice or noodles. To prepare the dish, thinly sliced beef flank or sirloin is marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, cornstarch, and oil. The baby kai lan is blanched briefly before being stir-fried with the beef. The flavors are enhanced with the addition of oyster sauce and dark soy sauce, creating a perfect balance of umami and freshness.
To make Beef with Baby Kai Lan, start by marinating the beef slices in a mixture of soy sauce, cornstarch, and oil for added tenderness and flavor. In a hot wok or skillet, stir-fry the beef until it’s browned and cooked to your desired level of doneness. Next, blanch the baby kai lan briefly in boiling water to preserve its bright green color and crisp texture. Add the blanched baby kai lan to the cooked beef in the wok, along with oyster sauce and dark soy sauce, and toss everything together until well combined.
This quick and easy stir-fry is perfect for a weeknight dinner, as it comes together in just about 15-30 minutes. The tender beef and nutritious baby kai lan, coated in a flavorful sauce, make for a satisfying and wholesome meal.