ChillaxBBQ Tomas – hallowed ground
The crew at ChillaxBBQ pride ourselves on our steaks. We think we cook them to perfection, and actually, perfection can be quite simple. So this is ChillaxBBQ Tomas – hallowed ground. We hate Sous Vide so we reverse sear, a new concept we have been practising since starting XChillaxBBQ as a concept. In fact, you can apply this methodology to all BBQ food. Hey, you don’t want to poison anyone with raw chicken or pork right? Well, we assume so. So reverse searing is a great way to slow cook your marinated food prior to charring it up on the coals.
And this is what you will get if you follow our simple recipe for ChillaxBBQ Tomas – hallowed ground.
Here we go, folks. Secrets coming out now. This is how to cook ChillaxBBQ Tomas – hallowed ground.
- Buy a big thick Tomahawk steak;
- I have a special tool that stabs the meat so your seasoning gets in – you can buy these at ToTT;
- So using that give the meat a good stabbing all over – as in all over;
- Drizzle over Olive oil – as in all over;
- Give the whole steak a good dousing in sea salt flakes – quite a lot guys;
- Give the whole steak a good dousing with Kampot cracked black pepper (best pepper on the planet – makes a MAJOR difference – you can buy online or just pop over to Cambodia);
- Pop that in an oven for 2 hours at 90 degrees;
- Rest for an hour;
- BBQ until it is blackening and charred;
- Slice it thinly and again give it a good sprinkle of sea salt and cracked black pepper.