Dan Morby’s BBQ – the biggest yet
Who’s – let’s do a BBQ for 50 people. Kidding me right. Nope we did.
SLAGS (Singapore Lager and Golf Society) go BIG and I go be chef to raise for Tabitha. It was indeed BIG.
Thanks to my sous chef Steve Rutherford – I could NOT have done it with out you pal!!! You were amazing!!!
Thanks to Pia for being official photographer.
Thanks to Freya and Sophia for fund raising – you two were incredible. Puppy dog eyed, beautiful girls ha ha. $1,180. Enough to support an orphanage for about 6 months. Proud moment – hell yes.
Thanks to Dan and Ching for the opportunity to cook at their place. Thanks for the ingredients. Thanks for the fun. Thanks for the friends. Thanks for the audience.
And finally thanks to my Mary, my kids and Glenda. So sorry I did not see you all day long. Thanks for looking after each other. Sorry to not come home with you. But you did get some great ‘burnt bits’. Love you all.
So what did we do on a single BBQ hob, yep SINGLE BBQ hob was all we had. All prepped from scratch for FIFTY;
- Circa 4 million sausages – Italian, Cumberland, Chorizo – all nicely sliced
- Burgers for the kids
- Garlic bread
- Sweetcorn with margarine, salt and pepper
- Leg of lamb studded with garlic and rosemary, blackened, rested, slightly pink – a WINNER
- A huge slab of 100 day old rib eye steak that we cut in to 4 huge chunks, drizzle oil and salt and pepper, BBQ’d til blackened and then rested above the grill – simply sliced – AWESOME
- Thai pork and prawn salad
- Guacamole and hand made nachos
- 2 beer bum chickens – one with thyme and one with sage
- 1 roast chicken stuffed with ginger, chilli, lime leaves
- Jack Daniels roast beef
- Then about 4 tonne of other food that others brought along on the day, chicken sweepers, steaks, sausages – you name it, it arrived
- Oh yeah and about 20 much needed beers…
Cooking from 2pm to about 10pm.
Cooking for about 50 or so people.
Steve Rutherford and I locked in to the grill, having fun, drinking beer, music pumping. We rocked!!!
We did it. We did it well. We succeeded. We raised monies. $1180 to be exact.
But lest we forget the ‘back-room’.
Again thanks to my Mary and Kids – you enabled the event for me, and we helped others in doing so. Thanks my loves!!!