Mexican salsa dip and nachos
A rather delicious Mexican style starter, dip thing. Here comes my Mexican salsa dip and nachos recipe. A great one for BBQ’s, for the kids, for a starter, for a snack. It is indeed a cracker. I think you’ll like it.
I was after something different for the evening meal this weekend and ended up creating a Mexican style dippy thing, served with tortillas, my Mexican salsa dip and nachos. This was enough for 4 of us to share;
- 2 garlic flavoured tortillas cut in to 8 triangle shaped wedges. Place on a baking tray and then add the following on top of of each piece;
- a drizzle of olive oil;
- a couple of drips of Tabasco sauce;
- a drizzle of lime juice; and
- a small piece of cheese – any will do.
Bash these in the oven at 250 until browned and crispy. Finished with the nachos, now for the rest of the Mexican salsa dip and nachos!
Very simple this. In a bowl add all the following, then give it a good stir through and serve with the nachos immediately – you need this fresh as to stop the avocado going brown.
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes;
- 4 avocados, de-stones and then scoop the flesh from skin, and chop in to cubes;
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice;
- 2 packets of streaky bacon, fry until crispy, and cut to bite sized pieces;
- 2 Jalapeño green peppers slices as finely as you can; and
- 2 red onions sliced as fine as you can.