Breakfast Pizza with cheese, garlic, bacon and Maple syrup
Yes my friends I did get this right, yes I did make a pizza for breakfast, and yes it was a pizza with Maple syrup. This is the recipe for my Breakfast Pizza with cheese, garlic, bacon and Maple syrup. It was inspired by my youthful trips to USA and Canada, where you can have just the weirdest concoctions of breakfast options sometimes; like steak and eggs with water melon all on the same plate, bacon and eggs with pancakes and maple syrup etc. So anyways here is something different for the family Kennett breakfast this day today. It turned out to be an absolute belter – I think you are going to love it!!!
To make one 12″ family size Breakfast Pizza with cheese, garlic, bacon and Maple syrup, you will need;
- 1x 12″ pizza base – now you can make dough, you can buy frozen, and there is also now a hybrid. Buy this from Cold Storage and others – Le Brisee Pur Beurre from Farine Francais Selectionnee (more in a minute);
- 5x strips of streaky bacon – simply cut in half;
- 2x Spring onions – clean and then finely slice;
- 2x good teaspoons of finely chopped garlic;
- 1x packet of mixed grated cheese – the pizza mix stuff is fine; and
- Maple syrup.
Here we go, here comes Breakfast Pizza with cheese, garlic, bacon and Maple syrup. It’s quick;
- Place all the bacon in an hot oven and cook until crisp, then flip to do same to the other side – set aside;
- Take a pizza tin and flour it lightly;
- Unpack, unroll and lay the Le Brissee on there and just push to the outside edges of the tin – see what I mean, its dough and it’s not frozen. This stuff is excellent for making pizzas;
- Flour the top lightly and drizzle with some Olive oil;
- Mix the cheese, garlic and Spring onion together in a bowl and then sprinkle that thinly over the pizza base;
- Throw that in a hot oven, set at 200 degrees and cook until the cheese starts to bubble;
- Out she comes, to allow you to now lay the pre-cooked bacon on top;
- Back in the oven for another 5 minutes and you are finished;
- Out she comes again, drizzle all over with Maple syrup and serve away.