Roast Pork Belly Open Sandwich with Blue Cheese Cream Sauce
I had taken a wander outdoors to get a much need haircut. I have had a couple of work video calls with clients where I was beginning to look like a Pikey, so it was a necessary trip out. It was almost like a trip to the hospital, or our arrival back to Singapore from the Philippines due to the paperwork I had to do. Yes, at the hairdressers. Anyway, it’s directly opposite KatongV and time for emergency supplies stock up too, including something for lunch. Creative juices were flowing and I created as I walked around, ChillaxBBQ Stay@Home Recipes #20, which was a rather delicious new recipe for my Wifey mainly – Roast Pork Belly ‘w’ Blue Cheese Cream Sauce Open Sandwich.
ChillaxBBQ Stay@Home Recipes #20 is a really simple recipe. Just follow it as below. Easy peasy to make Roast Pork Belly ‘w’ Blue Cheese Cream Sauce Open Sandwich. I have to admit I did cheat massively buying the pre-cooked roast pork belly, but I had no time to do my usual low and slow reverse-searing. But hey it is what it is. Here we go;To make 5 plates, the size of the above photo – you will need;
- 5x tortilla wraps – I got cheese and onion flavoured;
- 1x Japanese cucumber finely sliced;
- 10x sliced cherry tomatoes;
- 1x cup of chopped Iceberg lettuce;
- 3x packets of your choice of Blue Cheese – I used some Danish Blue and 2 types of Roquefort;
- 1/2 small carton of double cream;
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper.
- Get the oven onto 200 degrees and get the pork belly in to refresh the crunch on the crackling;
- Toast the tortilla wraps lightly in the oven and pop on a plate;
- In parallel to that take out your SCANPAN (or equivalent), get it on the heart, and pop all the cheese and cream;
- Watch this carefully as the cheese will melt quickly, surprisingly quickly, and you also do not want the cream to burn;
- Keep stirring this and it will all blend together into a stunning thick cheesy creamy sauce – off the heat;
- Take out the pork and cut into bite-sized pieces and lay them in the middle of the tortilla;
- Mix up the salad ingredients and plate that on top of the roast pork;
- Spoon over the warm blue cheese cream sauce;
- Sprinkle all over with a little cracked black pepper and serve;
- You have finished off and plated all at the same time.
There you go folks, ChillaxBBQ Stay@Home Recipes #20. I think you will agree it is rather simple, and believe me it is seriously so extremely tasty. I also think me Roast Pork Belly ‘w’ Blue Cheese Cream Sauce Open Sandwich is a rather beautiful dish when plated. Colours galore and loads of textures for you to enjoy too. The blue cheese cream sauce you could also have on a steak or with some roast lamb – it would be incredible as a bedfellow. Give that a go with your left-over cheese sauce. Have a go folks, it’s a cracker. Share a picture of yours if you do, but get into it and – ENJOY!!!