Mashed Potato Salad Recipe
This is one of those recipes that came from a dream. I wanted to do a potato salad for the National Day BBQ but wanted it to be a little different. Hey, Presto I created a new dish, and for you, lucky people here comes – ChillaxBBQ mashed potato salad recipe.
So how did I make this huge bowl of deliciousness?
- 3 bags of washed white potatoes (leave the skins on;
- 2 packets of fresh chives, chopped into 1/2″ pieces;
- 1″ knob of salted butter;
- 1/2 packet of streaky bacon;
- 1/2 cup of salad cream;
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise;
- 1 jar of clotted cream;
- 2 good pinches of dry-rubbed tarragon; and
- A really good pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Boil the potatoes in salty water until you can easily push a fork in;
- Drain the pot and put the potatoes back in;
- Get the bacon in the oven and bake until crispy, and then cut into small pieces;
- Add in all the ingredients above apart from the bacon and chives;
- Out with your hand blender and get that to a smooth consistency – no lumps please;
- Stir in the bacon and chives; and
- Finish off with another good pinch or two of cracked black pepper.