ChillaxBBQ Stay@Home Recipes #23
Roasted Kurobuta Pork Collar ‘w’ Rosemary, Lemon & Herbed Butter
A fish dish was in prep for Wifey, Ollie and Amy so that left Jude Jude and I. I had just ordered a little 250g Berkshire Kurobuta Pork Collar from Meat Collective to experiment with. Timing is everything as it arrived the night before and I had defrosted it already, and she was at room temperature. I was actually cooking the fish dish and looked at those ingredients and thought to myself that they would work really well with our little fatty pork collar. And. fuck. me sideways they did indeed. That is how this amaze-balls pork dish came about today. Roasted Kurobuta Pork Collar ‘w’ Rosemary, Lemon & Herbed Butter really is a MUST TRY folks. It is really up there amazing. This really is one of the best recipes so far in the series of ChillaxBBQ Stay@Home Recipes #23.
So how did we do it and what did we need?
- 250g of Kurobuta Pork
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
- 2 slices of fresh lemon
- Herbed butter (make your own remember and freeze, or just buy some)
- Olive oil
Follow the steps folks, follow the steps;
- Drizzle the pork fillet with a little Olive oil and give a good sprinkle of sea salt and cracked black pepper all over;
- In a roast tin lay down the two slices of lemon and pop your pork fillet on top;
- Lay on your sprig of fresh Rosemary;
- Pop the herb butter on top of that;
- In the oven at 180 for about 15 minutes until charring a little, with melted butter and still pink in the middle;
- Rest it for 5-10 minutes out of the oven in the roast pan;
- Thinly slices and plate up, like in the photo – you could give a little squirt of fresh lemon if you wanted it more citrus.