Cambodian Beef Salad
Cambodian Beef Salad
You are so going to love this one. If you like South East Asian style food with that sweet, sour, and spice flavour combo, then this is a salad for you. I think you’ll agree this salad would wow any plate on any table, and it really is just so so simple to do as you will see below – here comes my Cambodian Beef Salad.
To make a Cambodian Beef Salad that will feed about 4, you will need;
- Take 600g of rib eye steak and finely slice it to strips;
- Toss this in some oil, sea salt and cracked black pepper;
- Fry the strips in a pan until medium rare;
- And that is now the first part of the salad finished – place the meat to one side to cool
In a bowl mix the following ingredients;
- ½ a red cabbage sliced thinly;
- ½ a white cabbage sliced thinly;
- 1 green pepper (capsicum) sliced thinly;
- 100g green beans sliced thinly;
- 1 handful chopped mint;
- 1 handful Thai holy basil, or normal basil if you can’t get Thai;
- 6 garlic cloves peeled and sliced thinly;
- 8 shallots sliced thinly;
- 4 tablespoons of salted peanuts bashed in a pestle & mortar; and
- 4 sliced thinly, and de-seeded red chilies – no need for chili padi as this is a garnish only.
- 1.5″ of young ginger finely grated;
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce;
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar (or brown sugar);
- 3 tablespoons lime juice;
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar;
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely;
- 1.5 tablespoons sea salt; and
- 250ml warm water.
Add all these ingredients in to a cup, give it a stir and let it cool. Once cool bang it in the fridge to chill.
When you are ready; Toss the salad with the beef, and serve on a flat dish Drizzle over “My Ginger Dressing”. Sprinkle a few more of the crushed peanuts over the top, and the chillis and you have finished the Cambodian Beef Salad.
Pretty straight forward right. It looks beautiful and tastes spectacular. Those flavours from that dressing are just incredible together, with the salad and the soft soft beef. Just spectacular, one of those dishes of mine that is a must try, I demand it eat the Cambodian Beef Salad NOW – ENJOY!!!