Bacon, edamame, and cheese sandwich recipe
Yes, the usual food emergency occurred again today. We had a lovely afternoon at East Coast Hawker on the beach, AKA East Coast Lagoon Food Village. We arrived home to get Jude settled – yes this was a few years back that I created this dish. But then “Oh no, we have no food…” So I created this open sandwich, my incredible bacon, edamame, and cheese sandwich recipe.
My Bacon, edamame, and cheese sandwich recipe came out looking pretty damn good. It also tasted pretty damn good too. The kids loved it. They wolfed down a whole 3/4 of a baguette plus toppings, can you believe it?
- 1 French stick;
- 3/4 of a small pack of edamame. Shell them and cook for 2-3 minutes in some salty boiling water and drain;
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves;
- 2 packs of smoky streaky bacon cut with scissors into small pieces;
- 2 cups of grated cheese – I used cheddar and mozzarella;
- A sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese;
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper; and
- Olive Oil.
Here we go;
- Cut the French stick lengthways, but stop before going all the way through;
- Carefully open it to retain a ‘hinge’ and flatten it down; An open sandwich;
- Drizzle this with olive oil and give a good sprinkle of sea salt and cracked black pepper;
- Toast the baguette on a baking tray;
- Get a frying pan on the heat and drizzle some oil;
- Add in the garlic and bacon and fry that off until the bacon starts to brown;
- In parallel have your edamame boiling away for a couple of minutes in that salty water;
- When the bacon is done take off the heat, drain the edamame beans and add them into the bacon, and stir it all through;
- Take the bread and spoon on the bacon, garlic, and edamame mixture so all the bread is covered;
- Give the light sprinkling of the parmesan and then cover with the grated cheese mix;
- Pop it in the oven @ 250 until the cheese has melted and is starting to brown.
Out of the oven. Serve whole on a chopping board, with a knife for everyone to carve off a slice. It’s easy to do. It looks great. And believe me, it tastes delicious. This was a new one for me, my Incredible Bacon, edamame, and cheese sandwich recipe. Have a go. It’s a cracker – I just know you will – ENJOY!!!
Is Life a Recipe YouTube Channel