Water Cress and Edamame Cream Soup With Crispy Bacon
I was having lunch recently with my great mates, Spencer and Tobias. Whilst we were eating they started talking about this amazing soup they had eaten recently. Tobias had stolen the recipe from the restaurant and had also recreated it already for personal consumption. So now as a third hand-me-down, I also stole it, but made a few of my own twists and turns. So from a water cress and pea soup I created my own version, here is Water Cress and Edamame Cream Soup With Crispy Bacon.
This is enough for about 4-6 people as a starter. It is filling. Be warned of that when you make my Water Cress and Edamame Cream Soup With Crispy Bacon.
- 400g bag of frozen edamame;
- 2 bunches of fresh water cress – simply peel a few outer layers, and trim off the stalks;
- 1 litre of chicken stock;
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped garlic;
- 1″ knob of butter;
- 2 finely chopped red onions;
- 12 strips of the long streaky smoked bacon – simply cut in half;
- Half a cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese;
- A tub of thickened cream; and
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Are you ready for Water Cress and Edamame Cream Soup With Crispy Bacon? It’s pretty simple, so I will introduce the recipe in one flow;
- In a soup pot melt the butter on a high heat;
- Get the garlic and onion in there and sweat it down a little;
- The add in the soup stock, water cress and edamame and cook on a simmer until the vegetables are nicely cooked through;
- Blitz this until smooth with a hand blender;
- Stir in half the thickened cream;
- Season to your preference with sea salt and crack black pepper; and
- In parallel, get that bacon crispy in to a high heat oven on a roasting tray – you want these so crispy they are like chips – set aside.
It’s plating time my friends, for Water Cress and Edamame Cream Soup With Crispy Bacon. Spoon the soup in to individual bowls. Drizzle a little more thickened cream over the back of teaspoon to leave little white droplets. Sprinkle some of the grated parmesan on top of. Pop the soup bowl on a plate and lay some of the the bacon crisps in a small stack.
Get dipping and slurping. You will love this. Again thanks to Spencer and Tobias for the initial idea. Have a go at the additional elements guys. This may be not for you if you are a purist to the initial recipe. I think my version of Water Cress and Edamame Cream Soup With Crispy Bacon, was a cracker. Family Kennett did, because they completely cleaned their bowls – ENJOY!!!