Deep Fried Sausage & Bacon Rolls
It’s lunch-time @ the Kennett family household again this day. We’d decide not to go out to eat anywhere, but rather to have yours truly produce something to eat this VERY hot and sticky Singapore day. Literally none of us wanted to venture outside, it really was so so hot. So off I went quickly with the kids to get some supplies and created Sausage & Bacon Rolls. Placing this one in to Bloke’s Recipe category, as come on fellas, it’s sausages and bacon deep fried. If that’s not beer food whilst watching the football I don’t know what is…?
So easy to follow from the video right? Hope so – let me know what you think. Your Sausage & Bacon Rollsshould end up like the picture below. Looking good, looking good.
But for those who like to read instead here you go;
- 4-5 sausages, any will do, bake in the oven until cooked and cut in to quarters length ways;
- 10 rashers of bacon, cut in half;
- A packet of curry leaves;
- 10 slices of white bread, cut off the crusts and using a rolling pin roll them real thin;
- 5-6 slices of cheese, any will do, I used the pre-lacked sliced;
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper; and
- A fair bit if vegetable oil for deep frying.
Here is how you make those bad boy Sausage & Bacon Rolls;
- Lay all the bread out,
- Place two pieces of bacon on the bread;
- Place some cheese to cover the bacon;
- Place some curry leaves on top of the cheese;
- Lay a sausage quarter on top of the curry leaves;
- Sprinkle with sea salt & cracked black pepper;
- Skewer each with about 4 cocktail sticks to hold them together;
- Then deep fry until golden brown and the bacon is cooked; and
- Then crack a beer, pull the cocktail sticks out and much away!!!
There you have it folks, a nice short and easy recipe for today. My Sausage & Bacon Rolls. Deep fried heavenly dish. But seriously so so basic to do, even Baby Jude could have a crack at this one, and I suggest you do too – ENJOY!!!