Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp
Incredible Egg Fried Rice – A Meal In One
A massive favourite for the family. It’s a meal in one is ChillaxBBQ Stay@Home Recipes #21. It’s got veg, egg, meat, carbs the lot. It’s super tasty, looks absolutely brilliant, and gets everyone all chowing down together as a family. Ticks a lot of boxes as far as I am concerned. Plus it is easy to make. One pan and one spatula are all you need, plus ingredients of course. Let’s have a look at how we do Incredible Egg-Fried Rice – A Meal In One.
I’ll give you the ingredients below for this recipe but you could make this your very own. Add in frozen peas, prawns, mushrooms, chili. In fact add in anything you want. It is surely one versatile dish this.
Enough for 4 here;
- 2 cups of steamed rice – the best is ‘old’ rice from the fridge from the day before leftovers
- 5 rashers of streaky bacon cut into bite-sized pieces
- I had leftover Toma meat that I cubed – again this could be any leftover meats from the day before – sort of a rice ‘bubble & Squeak
- 1 small red onion chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 Tbsp Maggi Seasoning
- 1 knob or two of salted butter
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper
And we’re off;
- Of course, I take out my super-duper SCANPAN frypan haha;
- In with the bacon, Toma meat, garlic and onion and fry that off until it is nicely cooked through and the bacon is crisping a little;
- In with a good couple of glugs of Olive oil and then in with the rice;
- Use a spatula to chop that down to remove any clumps;
- Season with the soya sauce and Maggi seasoning and make sure it is really mixed well together;
- Push this to one side and crack the eggs into the space and fry them off but keep them loose (underdone);
- Stir all this into the rice making sure all is mixed together, like the picture below;
- In with some butter and the sea salt & cracked black pepper;
- Keep the frying and mixing going on the heat, and the rice will start to toast a little in the butter;
- Off the heat scoop it out and push it all down in a bowl so it is compact.
That was recipe #21, which has been posted completely out of order as I left this bugger in the editing stage, whoops. I only just noticed. Anyways there is ChillaxBBQ Stay@Home Recipes #21. It really is easy and a great way to get rid of all your leftovers. If ever you have Bill Wallace to dinner he would be so happy as this is super #BillWallaceFriendly haha!!! This is Incredible Egg-Fried Rice – A Meal In One. It’s a cracker and so simple to do, and believe me it’s tasty. It’s awesome. Give her a crack, go on – ENJOY!!!
If you enjoyed this Blog Post and want to keep up with the channel be sure to Like and Subscribe to Is Life a Recipe below for more updates!
[wpforms id=”15826″ title=”false” description=”false”]