I have stolen this from my mate, and ex Chef, Rich. Well actually he did share it with me. I was at a loose end tonight re what to do for dinner, and add to that, that the Kennett’s are disappearing to Cambodia tomorrow. Luckily the little light bulb popped up and I remember Rich’s recipe for Cajun Salmon. The wife would love it I thought. It turned out to be an absolute belter. Surprising myself, as always, when cooking fish as I cannot taste it. I think it looks bloody amazing and Mary said it tasted just the same.
This is enough Cajun salmon for one person;
- A jar of Cajun spice rub;
- 1 Lemon;
- 1 packet of fresh coriander;
- Some vine tomatoes;
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper; and
- A jar of chili flakes for plating.
- Lay out some silver foil and lay the fish fillet in to the middle;
- Drizzle it with some good Olive oil;
- Sprinkle over a good layer of Cajun rub on the flesh side of the fillet;
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper;
- Squeeze half the lemon over the fish;
- Layer the coriander over the flesh side of the fish;
- Wrap over the silver foil to make a steam room for the fish; and
- Pop that in the oven on 200 for about 20-30 minutes. Make sure it is cooked through nicely – serve.