Roasted BBQ vegetables with Parma Ham
“Awesome, but my pee smelt afterwards”
Was one piece of feedback from my mate Steve. I assume that’s a compliment? Clearly, he and asparagus don’t get on.
This is so so easy to do. Watch that video first, and then the picture is how you want it to look once you have baked it on the BBQ. Delicious.
I part boiled two packs of new potatoes and two packs of edamame (Japanese soybeans).
In to two silver roasting trays put half the potatoes and Edamame and then evenly add in the following;
- 2 packs of asparagus, that I simply cut into 2″ pieces;
- 2 packs of parma ham, simply ripped into small pieces;
- 1 chilli padi finely chopped;
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic;
- A good drizzle of olive oil;
- 1 bunch of roughly chopped coriander;
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into thin slices; and
- Of course a good pinch of salt & pepper.
Then simply throw the trays on the BBQ until the vegetables are all nicely cooked (not overdone as you want some crunch) and the Parma ham goes all nice and crispy – or pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
I served these up in these little cups I acquired at Totts – individual portions, rather nicely presented and all that.
So this is a must for any BBQ, for young and old. It’s simple, it’s effective, it looks and tastes bloody good if you ask me. You should give it a go – ENJOY!!!