Clam, Chicken, Bacon, and Potato Stew is a beautiful recipe for you. So simple, and yet so delicious
This is a recipe I knocked up for the girls today. Clearly, this is not on my favourite list of things to eat though. Clams are YUCKS for me!!! But I have to say they seemed to like it so let’s go for it. Here is my little recipe for Clam, chicken, bacon, and potato stew. Why not have a go at this yourself? It might impress your loved ones too.
This is an extremely simple dish to make. Here now comes my clam, chicken, bacon, and potato stew. This will easily make enough for 4 pax;
- 2 packets of fresh clams;
- 2 chicken breasts;
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves;
- 10 small red potatoes cut into quarters, and boiled in salty water until just soft;
- 1 packet of smoky bacon, cut into strips;
- 1 packet of finely chopped Scallions; and
- 1 cup of white wine.
Here we go, how to make my clam, chicken, bacon, and potato stew;
- Grill the chicken with a little sea salt, and cracked black pepper;
- Let the chicken cool and then strip it into bite-sized pieces;
- Grab a big pot with a lid;
- Drizzle in some oil and get that on the heat. Throw in the bacon and get that browning;
- When the bacon starts to crisp add in the clams and the wine;
- Put on the lid and keep shaking the pot whilst still on the heat;
- You want to wait until the really strong wine smell has gone and the clams are all opened;
- Add in the potatoes and get the lid back on again, and let it stew away for about 5 minutes more;
- Pop in the scallions and then take the pot off the heat;
You can serve this straight from the pot, maybe with some nice crusty bread. I told you this was easy. My very delicious clam, chicken, bacon, and potato stew. It was delicious, so I was told – ENJOY!!!
Click HERE to watch Islifearecipe.net on YouTube
Here is another Clam and Bacon Stew recipe, just for you…
Clam and bacon stew is a delicious and hearty dish that combines the briny flavours of clams with the savoury richness of bacon. Here’s a basic recipe for making clam and bacon stew:
- 2 dozen fresh clams, cleaned and scrubbed
- 4-6 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves (fresh or dried)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the diced bacon over medium heat until it becomes crispy. Remove the bacon from the pot and set it aside, leaving the bacon fat in the pot.
- Add the chopped onion to the pot and sauté until it becomes translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the minced garlic and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the diced potatoes to the pot and stir to coat them with the bacon fat and onions. Cook for a few minutes, allowing the potatoes to slightly brown.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, and add the bay leaf and thyme leaves. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add the cleaned clams to the pot. Cover the pot with a lid and let the clams steam for about 5-7 minutes, or until they open up. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Remove the bay leaf from the pot and stir in the cooked bacon. Reduce the heat to low.
- Gradually pour in the heavy cream or half-and-half, stirring gently to combine. Warm the stew for a few more minutes, being careful not to let it boil.
- Taste the stew and adjust the seasoning with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the clam and bacon stew hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
Remember that this is just a basic recipe, and you can customize it according to your taste preferences. Some variations could include adding diced carrots, celery, or other vegetables, or even incorporating white wine, or beer for added flavour. Enjoy your delicious clam and bacon stew!