Pulpo Three Ways ‘w’ Home-Made Sriracha, Olive Oil & Lemon and Tartar
My gosh Wifey is so very lucky somedays haha. Today she got this for lunch. Pulpo Three Ways ‘w’ Home-Made Sriracha, Olive Oil & Lemon and Tartar. This was another experiment for me into the world of cooking Octopus and today I created a new way to make this tricky mollusc super-soft and not chewy. This is also a first for this series. A three-in-one ChillaxBBQ Stay@Home Recipes #27.
I cooked the Pulpo in one go, then flamed it to char, and plated with three different sauces. Hence Pulpo Three Ways ‘w’ Home-Made Sriracha, Olive Oil & Lemon and Tartar. I used my homemade Sriracha Sauce CLICK HERE for this, also a basic Olive Oil version and one with a lovely purchased Japanese Mayo Tartar Sauce. All different but all perfect little accompaniments for my mate the mollusc and to create ChillaxBBQ Stay@Home Recipes #27.Cooking the Mollusc;
- Make sure you buy it frozen, or buy it fresh and freeze it;
- This brakes down some of those tough bits somehow. I am no scientist, but it works;
- Take it out of the packet and pop it into boiling salted water for 2 minutes;
- Take that out and pop it into a roasting pot with lid – I used my French cast-iron pot;
- Pour in Chicken Stock to cover the Pulpo, put the lid on and pop in the oven at 100 for about 90 minutes;
- Take the Pulpo out and drain – it is done.
- Portion 1 – Olive Oil & Lemon
- Drizzle with some Olive Oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon and a sprinkle of sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Portion 2- Japanese Tartar
- Squirt a line of the Tartar sauce on your serving platter and then place some Pulpo pieces into the sauce
- Portion 3 – Homemade Sriracha Sauce
- Place a little of the sauce on the serving platter and arrange the Pulpo around it like a camp-fire
And that is that. An incredible dish with three amazingly different flavour experiences with a Mollusc at the core. Bloody brilliant to plate and serve as it looks just incredible and so Chef-like and restaurant-like. But, I think you’ll agree, pretty simple actually. This was a new way for me to cook the Mollusc and it bloody worked so. very well. Happy Daddy, Happy Wifey. Even Strawberry Blonde got into it. Now that amazed me today too. ChillaxBBQ Stay@Home Recipes #27 is a cracker of a recipe. One is proud of oneself to make Pulpo Three Ways ‘w’ Home-Made Sriracha, Olive Oil & Lemon and Tartar when one doesn’t even like it oneself – ENJOY!!!