Scrambled eggs with jambon
A starving Filipino is not what you want in a small condo. So one day I had to think fast for my Mary, and here’s what I came up with – Scrambled eggs with jambon.
She was hungry, and needed food before taking pain killers – this was initially cooked post Jude – shows you how along this one came out first. Emergency – quick what to do, I know eggs – but let’s make them special… hmmmm what else is that I see in the fridge, BING!!! Scrambled eggs with jambon.
Here you go – enough for two sharing, and you’ll want to share as these are flipping delicious!!!
- 3 eggs;
- 2 tablespoons of double cream; and
- A pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Whisk these together until light and airy – basically all mixed together and with bubbles on top. Use a fork or a whisk;
- 3 slices of Jambon or cured ham, sliced in to thin strips;
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped; and
- 1 packet of grated cheese – I used white cheddar.
- Take a pan, add in a couple of glugs of olive oil and fry off the garlic and the Jambon until the garlic is softened and the ham is starting to crisp;
- Add in the egg mixture and stir it around continually, it will therefore gradually cook;
- When it starts to firm up a little add in half a cup of cheese and again stir it round until the cheese melts;
- Do NOT overcook these, this will literally takes a minute or two, so shiny and slightly wobbly, not solid;
- Turn off the heat and serve away – maybe with some finely sliced Spring onion on top.