This is absolutely a great recipe for the kids. As usual it was all caused because we were running late for bed one Sunday and no dinner had been prepared. So a quick rummage in the fridge, a quick creative thought, and my Spam Cornettos were born.
These serving cone things were bought some time ago, and had just been laying in the drawer. I thought it would be a giggle to use these for this dish, and they also became the reason for naming them Spam Cornettos. Yes it is a Spam dish, but its got served up all fancy.
To make about 6 cones you’ll need;
- 1 tin of spam cut in to cubes;
- 4 finely chopped shallots;
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves;
- 4-5 finely chopped baby broccoli tops;
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce;
- 1 cup of cooked plain white rice;
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper; and
- Cooking oil.
Here we go, Spam Cornettos;
- On to the heat goes your wok;
- Add in the oil;
- When the oil is hot throw in the shallots and garlic;
- Stir these around to ensure a good sweat down, but not burn;
- In go the green tops of broccoli, the spam, the soy sauce and the salt and pepper;
- Heat that all through and the spam begins to brown add in the rice;
- All you need do is warm it and to allow it to soak up the soy sauce juices.
Delicious. You have finished. Now come on even for those who do not cook, how flipping easy wass that. The kids will love it. My two are already asking for it again. You gotta love Spam Cornettos – ENJOY!!!