Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Table of Contents
Cookies are a classic treat that everyone loves. Chocolate chip cookies are a favorite of many, and making them at home is a great way to enjoy a delicious treat without having to buy them from a store. This easy chocolate chip cookie recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone in your family.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Tips for Making the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making the perfect chocolate chip cookies is all about getting the right balance of ingredients and following the instructions carefully. Here are some tips to help you make the perfect batch of cookies every time:
- Use the right ingredients: Make sure you use the right ingredients for the recipe. For example, use all-purpose flour instead of self-rising flour, and use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate chips.
- Measure accurately: Measure all of the ingredients accurately. Too much or too little of an ingredient can affect the texture and taste of the cookies.
- Don’t overmix: Overmixing the dough can cause the cookies to be tough and chewy. Mix the dough just until the ingredients are combined.
- Don’t overbake: Overbaking the cookies can cause them to be dry and hard. Bake the cookies just until they are golden brown.
- Cool completely: Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving. This will help them to stay soft and chewy.
One cookie contains approximately 140 calories, 7 grams of fat, 18 grams of carbohydrates, and 1 gram of protein. This recipe makes approximately 48 cookies.
|1. How long does it take to make these cookies?||You can make these cookies in about 30 minutes.|
|2. What ingredients do I need?||You’ll need butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips.|
|3. Can I use margarine instead of butter?||Yes, you can substitute margarine for butter if you prefer.|
|4. How many cookies does this recipe yield?||This recipe typically yields about 24 cookies.|
|5. Can I use different types of chocolate chips?||Yes, you can use semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate chips, depending on your preference.|
|6. Can I add nuts or other mix-ins?||Absolutely! You can add chopped nuts, dried fruit, or other mix-ins to customize your cookies.|
|7. How should I store leftover cookies?||Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.|
|8. Can I freeze the cookie dough?||Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for up to three months.|
|9. Can I make the dough in advance?||Yes, you can prepare the dough and refrigerate it for up to 48 hours before baking.|
|10. What’s the best way to get soft or crispy cookies?||For soft cookies, bake for less time, and for crispy cookies, bake a little longer.|
|11. Can I make these cookies gluten-free?||Yes, you can use gluten-free flour to make gluten-free chocolate chip cookies.|
|12. Are these cookies suitable for vegans?||You can make them vegan by using dairy-free butter and vegan chocolate chips.|
Making homemade chocolate chip cookies is a great way to enjoy a delicious treat without having to buy them from a store. This easy chocolate chip cookie recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone in your family. By following the instructions carefully and using the right ingredients, you can make the perfect batch of cookies every time. Enjoy!