BBQ Lamb with Strawberries
BBQ Lamb with Strawberries. Did I really say strawberries. Yes indeed I did. I have made this dessert before where you have mint, strawberries, balsamic and ricotta cheese. So clearly the ingredients work together for that. So why not with lamb, and hey lets jazz it up too.
The lemon and strawberry will ooze their citric acid, so you get flavour and meat tenderiser all in one. Leave them in the zip lock bags for at least an hour if you can – or longer if possible. You really want the herbs and fruit to get in to the meat.
Quick written version of the recipe is basically taking a zip lock bag and throwing in;
- 1-2 racks of lamb that you cut in to individual chops;
- Add in a bunch of roughly chopped mint;
- Add in a bunch of roughly chopped rosemary;
- Add in the juice of two lemons;
- Add in 1 sliced lemon,
- Add in 1 punnet of strawberries;
- Add in a glug of Olive oil; and
- Add in two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
Close the bag and massage, massage. Leave to marinade for 1-2 hours.
Whack that on the grill or the BBQ for about 5-10 minutes per side. You want it nice and charred but moist and pink inside. Perfect.
Come on you want to try it right? I think you should too. It’s damn good. BBQ Lamb with Strawberries, The Semi-naked Chef says so – ENJOY!!!