ChillaxBBQ Manuka Honey & Paprika Prawns
This has become one of our signature dishes, and always ‘back by demand’. It was an emergency mock-up one night when we could not get the actual ingredients for another dish. What was in the fridge created ChillaxBBQ Manuka Honey & Paprika Prawns. This is such a simple dish, but so delicious and so effective when you plate it up. Here comes another little insight into the secret recipes of ChillaxBBQ. To save you having to prep and cook, just give the boys a call. As our new name cards state; “Just add your friends”.
These were quite small shrimps not really Tiger Prawns, hence there being 2-3 per spoon serving. But if you get big Tiger Prawns, one per person will be more than enough. I always order these with tail on, peeled, and head off. This really is so so simple. Just follow this recipe in simple steps to create your own version of ChillaxBBQ Manuka Honey & Paprika Prawns.
- Take a large zip-lock bag – this is just the easiest method for marinating food;
- In to the bag add in your prawns -1Kg should do;
- Give them a rinse in clean water first, and de-vein them if the poo track is too big;
- Add in;
- Half a cup of Manuka honey;
- 2 tablespoons of paprika;
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic;
- Half a cup of lemon juice;
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil; and
- A good pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Close the bag and mix this around so all the prawns are coated;
- Stick it in the fridge for as long as you can to allow the flavours to absorb – overnight would be awesome; and
- When you are ready, get them on the BBQ and cook until pink and charred. It should only take a couple of minutes.