Pork & Bacon with Asparagus, Mozzarella & French Bean Cream
Do I have your attention? Pork & Bacon with Asparagus, Mozzarella & French Bean Cream, I think sounds quite unique. This was a dish I made up one day, following the usual amble through the supermarket picking out a few items of produce to have a play with. And so this beauty was prepped, cooked and ultimately created.
This is a fairly simple recipe folks, so let’s get on with it. I’ll explain this in two phases to make it simpler, but both can be done in parallel to each other. We’ll start with the pork and then I’ll have you prepare the cream whilst the pork is in the oven. Here comes Pork & Bacon with Asparagus, Mozzarella & French Bean Cream.
For 4-5 people you will need;
Phase I; Pork & Bacon;
- 4 pork fillets; and
- 8 strips of streaky bacon.
- Wrap the pork fillets in two strips of streaky bacon each;
- Lay the fillets on a baking tray and drizzle both sides with a little oil, and a sprinkle of sea salt and cracked black pepper;
- Pop these in an preheated to 2o0 degrees for about 20 minutes; and
- Then bash it up to 240 for 5 minutes to crisp the bacon.
Phase I, is done. Seriously how easy was that, my three year old could make this dish.
Phase II; Asparagus cream;
- 1 big bunch of thick asparagus, or a few bunches of the thinner type. Simply trim off the woody ends and cut in to 1″ pieces;
- 1 packet of French beans, top and tail and again cut to 1″ pieces;
- 1/2 a tub of double or thickened cream;
- 1 tablespoon of finely minced garlic;
- 1 cup of cubed Mozzarella cheese;
- 1″ knob of salted butter; and
- A good pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Again this is seriously simple, but delivers and amazing result – believe me. You could mess about with this too if you wanted. Add some chopped chili for heat for example. But I just used as above this time as the kids were eating this too. Here comes Phase II of Pork & Bacon with Asparagus, Mozzarella & French Bean Cream.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and throw in your beans and asparagus. Let them bubble away until they are just getting soft. Still to have a little crunch please;
- Drain the veg and put them back in the pan, and then throw in all the other ingredients as well;
- Pulse that with a hand blender until smooth.
Finished Phase II.