Wagyu Beef & Foie Gras Bottomless Pie
Here’s a recipe for a dish that you won’t se every day – a bottomless pie, but also its a Wagyu Beef & Foie Gras Bottomless Pie. I made this for lunch today, down by the swimming pool. Kids swimming and me cooking, chilling sounds pumping, beer in hand. True bliss.
This made enough enough for about 6 pies. Very very nice. I have done a video for you as well, pretty simple to explain that way through the magic of video, but for the purists here is the recipe nicely written down too. Here you go folks, here is my Wagyu Beef & Foie Gras Bottomless Pie.
- Take some sheets of puff pastry and cut the in to circles, I got about 3 circles per sheet;
- Beat an egg and brush that on one circle and then pop another of the circles on top;
- Brush the of all the pastry circles, pop them on to a baking tray and then in to the oven at 200 degrees for 5-10 minutes until puffed up and browned, set these aside;
- Cut two big steaks of wagyu beef in to bite sized cubes, throw in a frying pan or wok with some oil, and get it on the heat – then add in;
- 5 finely chopped small red onions,
- A good pinch of cracked black pepper,
- 1.5 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard,
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic,
- 1/2 cup of beer stock,
- 3-4 thinly sliced Chestnut mushrooms,
- A jar of foie gras,
- 1/2 jar of white haricot beans.
- Give it all a nice stir – then add in;
- 4-5 stalks chopped celery,
- 4-5 stalks of thinly sliced celery,
- A packet of Marjoram, simply strip the leaves off,
- 4-5 finely chopped Spring onions,
- Give that all a stir and then let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.