Thai style pork strips in lettuce cups
I was cooking fish today for the rest of the crew, and needed something quick for Amy and I, and decided to go Thai style. Thai is one of my favourite styles as it is quick, fresh and delicious. Serving in lettuce cups, also makes this dish look really appealing I think? This is my Thai style pork strips in lettuce cups. It is pretty simple folks, read on.
You will need the following to make enough Thai style pork strips in lettuce cups, for 3;
- 1 Iceberg lettuce – cut off the stalk at the bottom, remove a few outer layers, and then carefully remove a layer at a time. You should end up peeling off perfect cups of lettuce leaves;
- A handful of;
- French beans, that I simply top and tailed and then cut in half;
- Baby corn cut in to small pieces;
- 2 small roughly chopped red onions;
- 1 finely chopped chili padi;
- 1 tablespoon of;
- Finely chopped garlic;
- Fish sauce;
- Soy sauce;
- Lime juice;
- 1 packet of roughly chopped sweet basil; and
- 3 pork fillets cut in to thin slices.
Here comes the instructions for Thai style pork strips in lettuce cups. Keep up folks this goes fast.
- Wok out, and drizzle some oil in and get it on the heat;
- When hot add in the garlic and onion and sweat them down a little;
- Throw in French beans, sweetcorn and pork;
- Move that around for a minute or two and then add in the fish sauce, soy sauce and lime juice;
- Sample a piece of pork to make sure it is nicely cooked through, and turn off the heat;
- Stir through the basil, and this will naturally wilt in the heat of the dish;
- Spoon the mixture in to the lettuce cups and serve up.