This is absolutely a great recipe for the kids. As usual it was all caused because we were running late for bed one Sunday and no dinner had been prepared. So a quick rummage in the fridge, a quick creative thought, and my Spam Cornettos were born.
These serving cone things were bought some time ago, and had just been laying in the drawer. I thought it would be a giggle to use these for this dish, and they also became the reason for naming them Spam Cornettos. Yes it is a Spam dish, but its got served up all fancy.
To make about 6 cones you’ll need;
- 1 tin of spam cut in to cubes;
- 4 finely chopped shallots;
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves;
- 4-5 finely chopped baby broccoli tops;
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce;
- 1 cup of cooked plain white rice;
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper; and
- Cooking oil.
Here we go, Spam Cornettos;
- On to the heat goes your wok;
- Add in the oil;
- When the oil is hot throw in the shallots and garlic;
- Stir these around to ensure a good sweat down, but not burn;
- In go the green tops of broccoli, the spam, the soy sauce and the salt and pepper;
- Heat that all through and the spam begins to brown add in the rice;
- All you need do is warm it and to allow it to soak up the soy sauce juices.