Even a dessert from me now. Not my usual style, going sweet and all that – so here is actually a sweet and savoury one instead.
Serves about 8 people, and is quite rich so you only need a small serving here people;
- 4 large lemons;
- 4 limes;
- Bottle of lemon juice;
- Bottle of lime juice;
- 2 finely chopped lemon grass stalks (just the young inner piece);
- 2x 295g cans condensed milk;
- 2x 150ml double thick cream;
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves finely sliced; and
- Pack of crunchy biscuits , bashed to a crumble like consistency (not powder)- I used honey oat cookies.
Finely grate the zest of 2 lemons and 2 limes.
Squeeze the juice of the 4 lemons and limes removing pips and pulp, measuring out to about 150ml, add to this the cream, zest, condensed milk, and basil then mix with a whisk until it is smooth and thick.
When you taste this you want it tart with the sweetness coming through too, so I added a good couple of glugs of lemon and lime juice from the bottles as well.
Spoon this in to some wine glasses leaving about an inch from the top, and chill in a fridge for 2-3 hours until it sets.
When you are ready take from the fridge and sprinkle the crushed biscuits on top and serve away.
Looks good and tastes amazing.