Japanese style, roast pumpkin egg stir fried rice
I had taken a quick lunch-break from work, and I decided to cook. We had a fridge full of left-overs, so I got creative and came up with Japanese style, roast pumpkin egg stir fried rice. This is a great idea for Mum’s and Dad’s with wee ones out there. Lovely flavours in this, it’s easy to eat, it looks lovely and colourful too. This was a great success with Baby Jude.
This really is so very quick and simple, so keep up. Here comes my Japanese style, roast pumpkin egg stir fried rice.
You will need;
- 3 slices of roasted Japanese pumpkin, de-seeded, de-skinnned, chopped finely – on roasting tray, drizzle with oil and good pinch sea salt & cracked black pepper;
- Roast that for about 20-30 minutes on 200 degrees until soft;;
- 1 cup of frozen peas;
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic;
- 2 eggs;
- Knob of salted butter;
- 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce; and
- 2 cups of pre-cooked plain white rice.
- Take a wide bottom fry pan and drizzle a little oil and knob of butter, and get it on the heat;
- Throw in the garlic and the rice, and start to fry that off;
- You want to chop the rice with a spatula, as it is likely to be clumpy, because pre-cooked;
- Add in the pumpkin, peas and the soy sauce and combine well, frying for about 5-10 minutes or so;
- Push all that to one side of the pan and crack your two eggs in;
- Put just that side of the pan on to the heat and roughly scramble the eggs until just nearly cooked, then merge back with the rice mixture;
- Stir it all through again, and make sure the peas are cooked and de-frosted;
- Add a little more soya sauce to make it more salty if you wish.