Fried fish fillet with prawns, with a cream of mushroom sauce
A new fish dish, that began with my Mary saying; “Don’t forget we have leftovers.” What she actually meat was, we have a fish fillet and about 6 prawns remaining from what I had cooked the day before. I stared at this, and then created Fried fish fillet with prawns, with a cream of mushroom sauce.
This will serve about 2-4 depending on hunger levels:
- 1 firm white fish fillet – cod, snapper etc;
- 6-8 shelled prawns (A couple each person);
- 1″ knob of salted butter;
- 1 tablespoon of pink peppercorns;
- 1 tablespoon of capers;
- 3 finely sliced cloves of garlic;
- 4 tablespoons of double cream;
- 6 button mushrooms cut in to quarters; and
- A good pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Are you ready my friends? Here we go with Fried fish fillet with prawns, with a cream of mushroom sauce. As usual this will go quick, so keep up;
- In a pan add some olive oil and fry the peppercorns, mushrooms, garlic, fish fillet and prawns until the fish is golden brown, and the prawns are puffed up and nicely pink;
- Add in the butter, a pinch of sea salt, cracked black pepper, the capers and the cream and let that sauce reduce down over a low heat;
- Keep stirring gently so as not to break up the fish fillet;
- Once reduced by about a half you have finished.