ChillaxBBQ Thai Styled Seared Mussels
Another recipe from the boys and I, this time it is our ChillaxBBQ Thai Styled Seared Mussels. These had their first airing at AJ’s 1st month party at Club Meatballs. It was something a little different, to mix up the meat dishes. As usual, we have kept this so simple for you. But again, as usual, we’d still like you to invite us round to cook it for you.
Here comes our ChillaxBBQ Thai Styled Seared Mussels.
- Get a big pan on the BBQ coals and get it hot;
- Drizzle in a little oil and get that smoking;
- In with;
- About a kilo of fresh mussels with or without shells (you choice);
- Finely chop up about 3 lemon grass stalks (chop of top and tail and remove any woody outer skins first);
- Roll up 5-6 Kaffir lime leaves, and finely slice;
- Finely chop up, the cleaned roots, of some coriander;
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic;
- 3 finely sliced Jalapeno peppers (your choice of heat here – today we were cooking for 100, so had to tame it down); and
- A good sprinkle of sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Get that stir fried through until the mussels are cooked nicely. Off the heat and stir in some roughly ripped up Thai basil and fresh coriander. Serve up with some toasted crusty bread, and some sliced lime wedges as you can see in the photo.
That’s that my friends. Serious how easy was that. The aroma from this is killer. It looks incredible with all those vibrant colours, and it is a little quirky way of serving. Seemed to be accepted by al though as the ChillaxBBQ Thai Styled Seared Mussels flew off the serving platter. So please have a go yourself or bell the boys and I. Either way I know you will – ENJOY!!!